642112 Features: -Learn about rocks and the minerals that form them.-Discover the fascinating crystal structures of these minerals.-Kit teaches you the chemistry of crystals and the geological science.-Grow three chemically different types of crystals.-Built crystal shapes including octahedron, , tetrahedrons, and rhomboids.-Investigate the geologic rock cycle.-Learn how three main categories of rock igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic are formed, altered, destroyed and formed again.-32-page experiment manual.-Ages 8 and up. Color/Finish: -Full-colored. Assembly Instructions: -Assembly required. Dimensions: -Guide book dimensions: 5.5” W x 8.25”.
- Kit includes the following genuine specimens: granite, limestone, basal, marble, pumice, calcite, pyrite, quartz, hematite, bornite, fluorite, magnetite, and soapstone
- Grow three types of crystals: alum (potassium aluminum sulfate), copper (ll) sulfate, and potassium hexacyanoferrate (III)
- The National Geographic science kits from Thames and Kosmos further that mission by helping kids learn about science in a fun way
- A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the National Geographic kits goes to support vital exploration, conservation, research, and education programs
- Discover the secrets inside the pyramid